Monday, April 27, 2009

From the Archives

I sent this in with the payment for a speeding ticket way back in the year 2000. (Which still sounds like the future.) I just found it while going through my computer looking for something else:

August 6, 2000

Circuit Court
807 Main Street, Room 104
Oregon City, OR 97045

Your Honor,

I was going way too fast,
When the officer I passed.
Flashing lights, I had to stop,
For the speed enforcing cop.

Now the money that I owe,
I send to you so I can show
Up at work and earn some more,
To spend at school (the learning store).

This starving student sure could use
Money for books, tuition, and shoes.
I know the fault’s completely mine,
And so enclosed is One-Oh-Nine.

But if in your heart perchance you see,
A snippet there of leniency,
To reduce the fine I pay,
Would make this one a happy day.

I am sorry for my speed,
Excessive, yes, I see the need,
To keep streets safe from speeds like mine,
Repentant me, pays you the fine.

Sincerely,


Michael Kadel
Summons #37281

No comments: