Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I wonder if you can download me to your Kindle.

I have apparently hit the big time. Lulu.com sent me an email today informing me that my typo ridden novel is now being sold my Amazon. I assume this is because Lulu has made some sort of deal with Amazon, and not because the $47 in sales I've pulled in warrants an upgrade in shelf-space. (The shelves at Amazon being of a higher class than the shelves at Lulu.)

I immediately cruised over to Amazon to check it out and figured it would just be a matter of typing Kadel into the search box. But alas, no, I don't show up until page 3. It turns out that Finger & Kadel have been making themselves useful remixing things and selling the results in Amazon's mp3 store. My mom is on page 1 too for her illustration of Good Debt, Bad Debt. Also before me are a lot of prolific Germans, an organic gardening book by, among others, John Kadel Boring (which is an oddly rude mash up of my dad's name and and an adjective), and some tracks like Warmlaufen by Tobi Wörner David Kadel, who is either the same Kadel who is in league with Finger, or, just as likely, a bitter rival. There are probably lots of famous Kadel's in the German music scene, but I have to assume that Fingers are in short supply.

Unfortunately Randal, Congratulations on Your Successful Date (Paperback), isn't a very exciting product page because the only picture available was posted by me, and is therefor not available for public consumption on the front page. You actually have to click to look at it. Also, at Amazon it's $11.67 and does NOT qualifiy for free shipping, even if you were to buy three to get up over the $25 mark. Wheras on Lulu.com it's only $8.97 and the page is nicely laid out with the full color cover art featuring a nice couple trying to enjoy a Valentine's Day meal and wondering why I'm taking their picture and what might become of it.

I may eventually have to participate in NANOWRIMO again so I can through another creation out into these writhing intermets of commerce. Maybe this time I can best my Randal record of $12 in royalties, not an insignificant amount of which came from my own purchase of the book.

No comments: