Monday, October 08, 2007

Clayton: My Mews

Did I get a cat because I wanted some companionship? Because I thought Flannery would enjoy one? Do I just like scooping cat poo and have an unnatural interest in cross species scabies infestation? Or could it be that I needed something to blog about?

As Clayton and I become more acquainted I've come to understand his likes, dislikes, and his outright dreads.

[From Clayton's point of view]

Likes:
- The arm of the couch. It's high enough to sleep comfortably above the fray, but not so high that it's scary to jump off of like that stupid shelf I fell off today.
- Scarves. They have tassels which are both exciting and delicious. And I happen to be slippery enough that when i grab hold of the scarf I'm easily dragged across both carpet and linoleum.
- Microwaved burritos. At least I think I like them. They smell divine. (I got to stick my nose in a wrapper once.)

Dislikes:
- The vacuum. I know, all animals dislike vacuums. I'm not that creative, I'm a cat.
- Skylights. I just don't trust them. They're all bright and shiny and they remind me of when I was taken from a field and probed under my tail. I don't think I can have kids anymore.

Dreads:
- The toilet. It makes me uncomfortable when people sit on them, and despite jumping in numerous times to figure out what they put in there, all I got was wet feet that nobody seemed very interested in touching. I do my best to warn them away, but usually I just get shewed into the kitchen.
- The shower. This one scares the bejesus out of me. It forces people inside and makes them wet. WET! I wail and slash at the shower curtain and sometimes kick the crap out of the shower's minions, the bathmats. Eventually the shower sets them free and I can rest well knowing I've done my bit.





1 comment:

Liz said...

Dear Clayton,

This is your cousin Vern. I also dislike the vacuum. I have to figure out how to escape the bedroom without getting too close to the dreadful machine each time my mom cleans up my hair balls.

If you can keep both feet on the toilet seat, you can greatly enjoy the toilet. I drink out of it regularly.

Scarves are grand. So are zippers, ribbon, plastic bags, anything crunchy that I can stand on while my mom is sleeping. I also enjoy taking plastic things out of the trash can and throwing them around the floor.

I hope this helps.

Mreow,
Vern