Monday, January 05, 2009

Miscellaneous

  • Flannery's friend gave us a relationship class on tape. We're listening to it now and the woman on the tape is stuck on a rat-tunnel-cheese metaphor. She's hell-bent on yanking us from our cheeseless tunnel. (Which sounds like a problem for which medication might be prescribed.) And now she's just asked us to change the tape. I believe she means tape metaphorically - some sort of repeating behavior pattern, but because the class is on tape I'm not sure what to think. Yet another reason why nobody uses tapes anymore.
  • While taking the BART to work I see a lot of graffiti go by. Today I saw a the entire wall of a house next to a vacant lot which in huge spray painted letters said Ira Glass. Apparently the hoodlums of West Oakland listen to NPR.
  • Clayton's eye is leaking and he's started chewing on his toes. A friend recommended going to the VCA Bay Area Animal hospital, but I can't get through to make an appointment. The first couple times I called it just rang and rang, never to be answered by anyone. When I called again tonight a lady answered and said, "VCA bayarea animalhosip. I'mtonlyoner anjussatech, caniput you on hold?" I said sure and then listened to 5 minutes of hold music and advertisements for pet weight loss food, monthly heart worm medication, and animal acupuncture. I've decided to take my foot fetish feline to Cheshire Cat Clinic instead.
  • Welcome to 2009: Where everything is the same except I have to cross out the date a lot.

No comments: