Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Glow of my Belly Button

As it turns out, I'm not a big fan of this radiation thing. I have a map of California drawn on to my tummy in permanent marker and I get to feel nauseated all day.

Surgery I can handle. You hurt, and day by day you hurt less until you're fine. But radiation makes you feel progressively worse until you're done. Suhweeet! This is day 2 and I'm already losing my cookies.

My anti-barf pills help a lot. So I'm hoping that my nausea won't get too much worse as I work my way through days 3 through 15. You know what doesn't help? Watching the Dirty Jobs episode featuring Mike Rowe's tour of a skull cleaning business.

Also, taking a bite of spicy processed cheese when I was expecting a bite of pepper jack cheese was just another in a long list of whammies today. Hooray for bed time. (7?! Yes. 7.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You should probably stay away from Dr. 90210 too. I can't watch the surgery shows and I have not been radiated.

sightofstars said...

that was a great episode, but i would not have wanted to watch it nauseated.

hang in there.

Jootastic said...

Hope you are feeling better now! Get as much rest as you possibly need!