Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Good Reason to Lose Sleep?

Probably not, but when the urge comes I can't deny it.

The snickers commercial came on where a guy in a carpet store is sitting at his desk about to eat a snickers when another guys comes up and says, "let me help you enjoy that snickers." Guy #2 then pulls out a guitar and sings the following:

Happy peanuts soar
Over chocolate covered mountaintops
And waterfalls of caramel
Prancing nougat* in the meadow
Sings a song of satisfaction
To the world

And they harmonize "To the world." Then guy #1, obviously touched by the song looks at his snickers bar and whispers, "The world!" As the scene fades to black guy #2 pats guy #1 on the shoulder and says, "That's right."

Well, that commercial came on and I had to spend 10 minutes writing down the lyrics and figuring out the chords. I did, and now I can go to bed satisfied, as it were.

11 comments:

Jootastic said...

are you going to do an audio of it???? hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Nougat, Australian for Beeeeer!

sightofstars said...

omg, i LOVE that commercial. please please please record a rendition of it!! that would be hilarious.

as a reward, i will buy you a dozen snickers, or a dozen bags of cinnamon bears.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I have a soft spot for that commercial too. I thought guy number one just said "The world" at the end, but I could be wrong. I really like the singer's voice. Tenors are always so nice.

I alas have nothing to barter with...except this. It's spelled: Nougat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nougat

Michael said...

Having editors in the comments makes the post more accurate, but renders the comments nonsensical.

Anonymous said...

http://jayfo.vox.com/library/post/the-snickers-song.html

I found the snickers commercial with lyrics! Now we can all sway to and fro while listening.

Anonymous said...

oh my god, PLEASE send the chords to me! I've been searching all over for a tab of this little diddy, but it's nowhere on the net? I would appreciate it so much!!

my address: yourregularjoeschmo@hotmail.com

thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Now i think this is it-

G maj Gmaj F# as the root
e min d maj
G maj Gmaj F# as the root
c maj
G maj Gmaj F# as the root
e min c maj
g maj d maj g maj


there u go

Anonymous said...

Please. Tell me. HOW TO PLAY!!! I MUST KNOW!!!!

Drunkenhippojoe@yahoo.com


PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

this is what I think...

G F# Em C(open)
G F# C
G F# Em C
G

Anonymous said...

what is the title?!?!?!?!?!?!??!