Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Little Colored Spots

We use a lot of pens at work. Permanent pens for writing on huge plastic mattress bags, ballpoint pens for the mountains of paperwork, and highlighters for no reason at all.

Once in a while one of these pens will go rogue and start ruining stuff. The guy who cleans the mattresses put his smock in the wash with a green permanent marker in the pocket. Now he has a perfectly polka dotted outfit.

Yesterday a pen, and we have yet to determine which one, started squirting ink all over its compatriots. This pen seems to be going, perhaps under cover of night, from pen box to pen box spreading its pen goo everywhere. So for the second day in a row I've come home with the hands of a 90 year old. (No, I didn't just change the subject. We never get body parts in the mattresses, not even from hospice accounts.) It looks like I'm developing liver spots.

Although I think I'd rather have liver spots than a big ink smear on my cheek as my supervisor did about mid afternoon on Monday. And it was still there at 5pm. Maybe he was getting all gussied up for his anniversary today.

3 comments:

Ginamonster said...

I had a pen incedent this morning. maybe they are revolting. Thankfully, there wasn't ink involved, but I did shoot my boss in the middle of a meeting.

Michael said...

What can you shoot from a pen which isn't ink? And why do I feel like I've just asked one of those brain teaser things. What claps all day but has no hands and only comes out at night?

Ginamonster said...

It was ont of those click pens, and I shot the tip off of it, pen guts all over the table. and a blushing gina apologising.

a bell?