Monday, April 17, 2006

Knives Travel In Packs

They've arrived, all 57 of my pocket knife stock. I'm now the largest seller of miniature cutlery on my block* ... that I know of. I guess I don't know that for sure.

I had originally said that I was getting 56 knives in the mail, but the guy I bought 52 from threw an extra one in for being a good customer.

Of the 57, I've sold 3 to coworkers, and kept 4 for myself. Of the 50 remaining knives, I have 12 Leatherman Micra(s?), a whole boat load of plier things, and a small number of weird, foldable, ill-conceived, nearly useless pincher things. I think I'll throw those in with the Leatherman.

Being the huge nerd that I am, I've made a spreadsheet keeping track of my total price paid, the money I've made back, and the price per knife I've kept for myself. So far each knife I've kept is costing me $24.88, which is actually pretty good for only having sold 3. A brand new Leatherman Micra is $23.95, so I'm almost there. Which of course leads me to more pressing business:

Does anyone need a pocket knife? I'm selling them for $5 each. And for you, that includes the postage. And if you leave positive comments I'll throw in the undercoating. Lets step inside my office and we can go over some numbers.



* When I initially typed that sentence it came out "I'm the largest sell of miniature cutlery on my blog." And that, my friends, is absolutely true.

7 comments:

Maegen said...

as much as i would love to help you out... lol im so sorry i have really no use at all for a tiny knife.. but ill pass it along

Anonymous said...

Do you have them on ebay yet or is this a private sale? I will take two...
And if you plan on flying ever again, I suggest keeping a few spares for yourself.

Jootastic said...

PTP and I will take two.... shall I email you? Why am I typing this in your comment box?

Jamy said...

May I take just one?

asyl076 said...

What color are they? Because I'm a girl. We care about color. :)

Ginamonster said...

I really do want two of those leatherman things. I'll email you.

Michael said...

-Private Sale
-You can get however many you like
-For colors see above
-Yes, email me