Saturday, April 08, 2006

That's a Whole Lot of Sharp

I always carry a Leatherman Micra around on my key ring. It's just the most useful thing ever. It has scissors, a knife, a nail file, screwdrivers, and tweezers. I use it constantly at work.

But as the M-Line was approaching to take me to the airport last week, I noticed I hadn't taken it off my keys. Weighing the relative chances of getting it through security twice, I decided I'd hang it on a branch of the bush by the train stop in hopes that nobody would notice it before I came back. Alas, when I returned, it was gone.

I've spent the last week bidding on Leatherman Micras on eBay, and losing out at the last second to other people. So yesterday at 6am, in a moment of frustration, I made the minimum bid on a lot of 42, a lot of 10, and a lot of 4, thinking somebody would most likely out bid me in the remaining 10 hours of the auctions. Well, $114 and a day later, I have 56 pocketknives headed my way from all over the country.

I think I'm going to be heavily involved with eBay over the next couple weeks getting rid of all but maybe 4 of these things.

Anyone want a knife?

3 comments:

sightofstars said...

maybe you should keep ’em all and start your own mini sweatshop.

Unknown said...

Or you could use them all at once at start a new world record of tweezing.

Michael said...

If I had the sweatshop in my apartment it would HAVE to be a mini sweatshop. And I guess I could pay below minimum wage to tweeze.