Thursday, March 04, 2004

McEtiquette

Don’t yell at the drive through system. You don’t have to do it. If you speak at a regular conversational volume, the person at the register will understand that you want your coke with extra ice and your burgers pickle-free. I know this because I take it upon myself to speak to the drive through speaker/microphone as I would if I were talking to a person standing next to my car. My voice is quiet enough that some phones will filter me out because they think I’m background noise, and yet, I still get my burgers and drinks just the way I want them.

Today I went to get an ice cream. After I was done ordering a guy in a minivan pulled up to the ordering console. I drove around the corner of the building to pay, and the guy behind me was yelling his order so loud the girl behind the register could have just listened out the window. It was as if he thought the drive through was at the airport on a busy runway. The only distractions were the sound of cars idling (quiet), the scuffling of the grease-addict pigeons, (fairly quiet), and a sign that says don’t feed the homeless, (Completely silent). Order from others, as you would have others order from you.

No comments: