Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Cuppa

Some fast food places have larger cup sizes than others. For instance, the largest Subway cup is not nearly as big as the largest MacDonald's cup. So when I went to In & Out today, I couldn't remember where their cups fall in the thimble-to-bucket continuum. I guessed, incorrectly, that they had some of the smaller cups in the business. So I ordered an extra large 7-Up with no ice, and a double double with cheese. They gave me my burger in a small box, and my 7-Up in a paper vat. It was much too big to fit all the way into my cup holder. Luckily I could cram the bottom half inch of the cup far enough into the holder that it didn't jump onto the floor on my way home.

A vat of pop wouldn't have been a bad thing back when I was drinking (literally) a gallon of Coke a day. But I've cut down considerably since then, and it took me a good 3 hours to finish my 7-Up. By the end it was a tad warm and tasted a bit cuppy. It's a good thing I'm disgusting and don't care what temperature my drink is.

[Some may think this is an awfully lame post with which to break a week's worth of silence. And those people would think right. I may have actual news soon, and then I write it out here. But until then, you'll just have to make do with boring babblings on my posture and adventures with abnormally large drink containers.]

No comments: