Friday, August 06, 2004

Stupid Companies

I have a degree in Electrical Engineering, and I did fairly well in a class where we designed and simulated a basic computer processor in VHDL. All this, and yet I can't seem to get a job where I use a computer. The closest I've come is having a job selling computers. Not the same thing.

The news I alluded to a few posts ago was that I had one job offer, and one job lead that I was hoping would turn into an offer. The company who had extended me the offer had even delayed my start date so I could go on a second interview for this better job. The better job told me they would get back to me by the end of this week. What they meant was that they would get back to me at the very last little tiny smidgen of week. They called me today at 5:55pm to tell me that they had gone with another candidate. So ends a 3 day bout of intense stress over where I would be working on Monday.

On the bright side, I do have a job which will give me medical benefits, so I'll be able to go to have a check-up for the first time in many, many years. On the down side, this job doesn't have a whole lot of room for advancement. But we'll see. Who knows, maybe delivering inflatable mattresses to hospice patients will turn out to be a dream come true. One can only hope.

Also, perhaps this blog will be less about posture and large cups, and more about morbid experiences with the terminally ill. I wish I was making this up.

No comments: