Monday, November 13, 2006

It's Time for Drape

Saturday night at 3am I was rudely awakened by my translucent window cover leaping off the window and landing on my head. It brought with it my lamp and two potted plants. Having only fallen asleep 45 minutes earlier I was less than enchanted to wake up covered in plastic with two medium sized piles of dirt on my flannel sheets.

Quickly deciding between the fastest way to return to sleep and not making a mess, I chose sleep and put the plastic next to my bed and brushed the dirt between my mattress and the wall. I tried to vacuum back there tonight, but I fear it will remain dirty until I move out.

To let light but not sight through my window I've changed my tactics to using drapes, or in my case, drape. I went to Target last night and bought two of the smallest drapes I could find. But since my window is so small I'm going to have to take the single drape I found and cut it in half, then take off the bottom 10 inches. And of course take the other drape back to the store.

I should have my own HGTV show. It could be called "Annoying yourself without improving your living space, with Mike."

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I'd totally watch it.

Jootastic said...

I would watch it too. How about my home improvement show?: "Starting a small project and turning it into one that requires far more effort than you were initially anticipating."

The bathroom started with $20 sticky vinyl flooring and is evolving into a new vanity, a new faucet, new tub faucet, and $20 vinyl sticky flooring. Oh, and I'm poor and can't afford to do all that I just mentioned.