Monday, June 14, 2004

Too Much Writing

Part of the reason I haven't posted anything in quite a while was the afore mentioned trip to LA. The other part of the reason for not posting was that I was trying to write 31 letters for Kristin to read while she's in El Salvador.

It was much harder than I thought it was going to be to write 31 letters. Each letter is about a page long, so there’s the shear volume of the writing weighing me down. Then to cap it off, all these letters are written as if I was writing them in the coming month, so I had to make up all my news and daily happenings. While some of the letter contained the dull and ordinary, some contained: encounters with homeless men selling gigantic stuffed giraffes, flaming cinnamon bears, flaming mustache hair, and Iraqi politics.

As a result of writing all these letters, my brain is tired. I'm surprised by how much writing takes out of me. I'm genuinely pooped. And it's only 9:15pm.

No comments: