Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Letter Snippet

I thought in honor of Kristin being home, although still not feeling well, I would publish a small portion of one of my written-in-advance letters.

Here's part of one from Father's Day.

[Today I went to] Napa to visit the various available dads. My Dad came down for both Father’s Day and for my Grandpa’s birthday. So that was pretty fun. Both my cousins were there, as well as Sebastian, Ward and Beth’s pug. He is affectionately called Bebo. I’m not sure why he’s called Bebo, but that’s what they call him. Who am I to argue?

At dinner, a green olive (the kind with the pimento inside) fell off the table. Bebo grabbed it and ran to the middle of the living room. Ward got up to take it away from him, and for some reason, instead of just swallowing it like a normal dog would do, he held the olive in his teeth and barked at Ward to go away. His little jowls hung down around the olive tight enough so that it made an excellent seal, and when he barked he shot the pimento through the air and into Uncle Ed’s wine glass. Then, knowing he was all amazinged out, Bebo swallowed the olive. These are exactly the kind of things that should happen on reality shows, but don’t.


My real Father's Day wasn't nearly as exciting as the fake one contained in my fake letter. But what can you do?

No comments: