Thursday, July 01, 2004

Job?

I may have gotten a job. It may be in a metal shop, and I may be the only employee.

I met this guy via the Mom Network - "the most aggressive job hunting network in the history of the world." Kristin's Mom was talking to this guy on a plane who had a metal shop in San Francisco. She said she knew me, and that I was looking for work and used to work in a metal shop. So on Tuesday I'm going to start a 2 week trial period employment thinger. It's just the owner working there now, so I will be the only employee. We have to see if we like each other, and if we do, then I will have more permanent employment.

If it works out, I will probably go to New York with him to install this door. That would be really cool, as I've never been there. However, I did get very used to reading and watching TV while the government paid me to lackadaisically look for work. I guess in the back of my mind, I knew it had to end some time. Oh well.

No comments: