Friday, July 09, 2004

Better Days

Today was a much better day. I didn't have to deal with work. (Apart from a sparse 10 minutes where I just pointed out the locations of the various software CDs.) I also had band practice, which is always fun. (We are sounding much better, and our new drummer is learning the songs well. Maybe one day we'll have a show.) And the coup de gras, I found a beagle in my garage.

I went down to the garage to see if my bike was a huge pile of rust, and if spraying WD-40 over everything but the brakes would fix it, and I heard howling. I opened the door and a little beagle came trotting over to me howling away in her harness, sans leash. I hadn't previously seen a beagle in my building, so I took her up to my apartment and fashioned a leash out of a belt and carabineer so I could walk her up the street and see if anyone recognized her. No one did. So then I asked around in my building. Also no luck. At this point I did what I should have done in the first place, which is look at her collar and call the chip-tag phone number. I did, and the owner promptly came and got her. She was fun while she lasted.

I do enjoy fuzzy things in my apartment. I miss having a pet. I miss Babe the Beagle.

No comments: