Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Driving a Van

I remember saying a while back, when I had just lost my first (and best) metalworking job, that perhaps one can't have a job, band, and girlfriend all at the same time. I went along not having a job but having a girlfriend from January until this month. And now all of a sudden, no girlfriend and the jobs start rolling in. I had a phone interview today, and I should have a real interview by the end of the week, or perhaps by the beginning of next. So I'll either get this job, or start dating someone. I'm always up for a date, but the job will give me insurance. So if I get a choice, I'll choose the job.

The job is driving medical equipment around the Bay Area. I guess I get various equipment, put it in the van, and hang out until they want some of it someplace. So I drive there, tell them how to use it, and then hang out some more until someone wants something else, or until someone wants me to pick something up. If I get low on equipment or full of used equipment, I drive back to the office and swap stuff out. I think it will work out well. I like driving, I don't mind traffic, and I want both money and benefits. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: