Monday, July 19, 2004

Three Sheets to the Wind

I finally changed my sheets tonight. That sounds kind of gross, which is accurate. I don't wash my sheets very often. However, tonight I mean that I swapped my flannel sheets for some regular cotton ones.

It was hot here today, and remains both hot and smoky in my room. (The smoke is from Piranha Man, his open window, and the fact that the wind blows from his apartment into mine.) Being as hot as it was, I decided that since I was washing my sheets anyway, maybe I should try the cotton ones on my bed. I guess I survived 4 years at Davis with flannel sheets, and people there regularly burst into flame in the summer time. Then again, why just survive when there's the option of luxuriating in the cool crisp cotton sheets of summer. And that is what I'm going to do. So there. Try and stop me.

(Some reading this may know that I suck something fierce at spelling. To those, it is interesting to note that I managed to spell luxuriating correctly without the aid of my trusty spell check. However my flannel sheets contained just one N.)

No comments: