Monday, May 01, 2006

Personal Ads

I've noticed that most girls who list ads on Onion Personals are over 5'8". And many are close to 6'.

It strikes me as a bad idea to express yourself in a personal ad on craigslist by copying down the lyrics to a Metallica song and posting a picture of a lily pad.

I steer away from ads which use the phrase "I work hard, and I play hard." These people might be worn out by now.

I'm disappointed when a profile I've bookmarked is deleted, even though I've never gotten around to emailing her.

If I make a solid online connection, then the best case scenario is that we'll go on a date. I hate dates.

I wonder how mail order brides work.

8 comments:

sightofstars said...

whoa. deja vu.

Michael said...

Have I posted this before?

Jootastic said...

I was doing the personal ad thing for a while. I ended up with two guys who I keep in touch with as friends now.

Maybe you should take a class at a community college... the profs are easy. ;)

Ginamonster said...

Heh, Julie.

Michael, I'm learning to hate the Craigslist personals. but I am afraid to post my own because of the freaks that contact me through MySpace. sigh. They don't write back on Craigslist, and I only attract gang and 80's hair band members on MySpace. What's a girl to do?

Anonymous said...

Community College Bad! No one actually ever graduates from community college. I know its an adam carolla line, but I dated 2 girls in Yakima who were both in like year 4 of community college. There's no such thing as a 2 year program.

Think your best bet is to find some hot french girl (or perhaps icelandic?) who wants a green card.

Michael said...

Gina - Yeah, I just look at the Craig's list ads for amusement.

Eric - That's a good idea. I wonder if Bjork is attached to anyone.

sightofstars said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sightofstars said...

if you get a kick out of CL personals, you should read the Best Of section. i read them aloud to marisela and—dare i say—it's better than TV.