Tuesday, June 27, 2006

No More Food

They're closing my Albertsons. Who closes an Albertsons?

And it's really the only grocery store within walking distance. Now the two closest fooderies are the Pacific Super, which is like Asian Albertsons and an Albertsons on Ocean Ave, which takes 10 or so minutes to reach by car. The problem with the Pacific Super is that they often don't have quite what I'm looking for. Grass jello? No problem. Cans of squid? The end cap on aisle 3. Bullion cube? Nope, they don't have those. Ground turkey? Sorry.

So I think for the most part I'll shop at the other Albertsons, which I'm not entirely unhappy about. I mean, it's a pain to have to drive to the store because I don't usually buy more than 2 or 3 little bags worth of stuff. But this other Albertsons is MUCH nicer:
- The Aisles are clean.
- There is a BofA inside which is open until 7 where I can take out my rent in cash.
- Both clerks and customers are more attractive than the clerks and customers at the old store.
- Nobody is shucking corn in the vegetable department.
- All the self checkout lines work.

I'm hoping that some other grocery store will go in where the old Albertsons used to be. Perhaps a Trader Joes. Or, if I'm really lucky, a cinnamonbearatorium.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

But I heard that Cinnamonbearatoriums don't have ground turkey either. What a predicament.

Jootastic said...

or, you could find a meat-grinder and raise turkeys... wow, even i think that was a dumb comment...but i'm gonna leave it...cuz i'm that kind of chick.
in any case, i'm sorry for your loss (of a convenient albertsons), but happy for your viewing pleasure (of the hot albertsons workers at the new place).

Veruca Salt said...

mmmm, cinnamonbearatorium

who cares if they have ground turkey, they probably have ground cinnamon bears and those are MUCH better in tacos

asyl076 said...

First I thought "what's a BOFA?" and then I had an epiphany and said to myself.... yes retard, you freaking GREW UP in Cali and how could you not immediately identify that he meant Bank of America?

And now I am ashamed and must go pretend I'm looking at the surf instead of the mountains because I suddenly miss it so much.

Michael said...

Cate and Aim,

Are you guys surfing in tandem or something? You should form a synchronized commenting team.

asyl076 said...

So THAT'S why I was craving cinnamon bear tacos last night.

Rees said...

One of our Albertson's is closing too! Do you think they've gone under?

Michael said...

The other ones seem to be doing just fine.