Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Burst Into Flame

It's hot. Well, hot for a San Francisco: 91. Ok, it WAS 91, now it's cooler, but still too hot to sleep on flannel sheets. I should probably get some non-flannel sheets. And it's only April. We still have real summer, and then Indian summer to look forward to. I really should get some non-flannel sheets.

I walked to and from Kristin's house tonight. It was weird to see everyone out on the street. No on has AC here, so when it gets hot inside, it stays that way. Everyone was sitting in their lawn chairs on the sidewalk. It felt very community oriented, except I don't speak Spanish, so I couldn't really be too involved with the community.

On the way home at midnight the city was weird as well. It was super quiet. I could hear my own footsteps from time to time, and I like to think I have some pretty quiet footsteps. I accidentally sneak up on people all the time. It was just hot and quite for the whole 15 minute walk. It felt kind of movie-like. But then again, I might just watch too many movies, and it should have just felt life-like.

No comments: