Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Notivation

Aren’t people supposed to have some motivation? Where is mine? Was I born without it? Did I loose it in a tragic couch incident?

I can’t sleep, so I wake up late, which makes it harder to go to sleep, which makes me stay up later, which makes me wake up later, which makes my sleep time cyclical. Eventually I will wake up at midnight and go to bed at 4pm. I want to put a stop to all this sleeping/not sleeping nonsense, but I can’t even motivate myself to get out of bed when my alarm goes off.

When I finally pry myself out of bed, it’s noon, and I stumble over to the couch and stare at the TV. I’m don’t even have the motivation to actively watch at this point. I just stare for a while, and then take a shower. After the shower I can muster the strength to really watch the TV.

So one can imagine how hard it is to get me to apply for jobs, something that both takes effort and that I vastly dislike. Maybe I could sign up to be the focus of a reality show that makes people feel better about themselves. It could be called “Couch Potating with Mike.” I really don’t do anything all day. My biggest news of the day is that my next Safeway sandwich is free. Hot damn! I’ve paid my 7 sandwich dues, and now it’s time to reap my 8th-sandwhich-free reward.

Maybe I’ll look for a job now. Or, more likely, I’ll look at the free stuff listings, read some haikus, and then watch some more TV.

No comments: