Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Fastest Way to Lose a Cleaning Deposit

I was looking through the 1 bedroom listings just now and stumbled upon an apartment I was in just this afternoon. It's only $300 a month and it's in Marin, so the rent is about $900 less than your average 1 bedroom in the area. However, there are a few reasons why I can't/won't live there.

-You have to be confined to a wheelchair to rent a unit.
-The whole place smells like (and is filled with) stubbed out cigarettes.
-There's a large bag of pee in the bedroom.

In all of my travels, today was the first time I had ever seen a big bag of pee not attached to the person who was filling it up. I happen to know this guy moved across the country, so he can't have been in such a big hurry that he couldn't properly dispose of his pee bag. Abandoned pee bags really give a room an extra jolt of creepy.

And that, my friends, is just the kind of story I find to be so plentiful in my life, and exactly the kind of story which I could never tell a date.

7 comments:

Jojo a. said...

Yea I agree with you. Unless your date has some family connection with Marilyn Manson, you should leave the anecdote in your blog. (just some word of advice)

Jootastic said...

that is exactly what you need to tell your dates... you need to be open and honest with them and they will love you like your blog-readers do. i promise.

by the way: my word verification is "smunka" .... i just don't get it.

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I have never kissed a man who has just uttered the words "big bag of pee."

Let me think..........

Nope, I'm positive.

I haven't.

Jootastic said...

i think the girl will see how funny you are and how secure in your own reality you are. :)

Ginamonster said...

you just haven't found the right girl. I think it's a great story. but then, I just told my boss that I tried peeing on my ankle and it didn't heal my sprain. I even demonstrated by lifting my foot and squatting down a bit. I was lying, but it shut him up!

Anonymous said...

Mike, I think you're absolutely funny and your writing is always amusing. I could never be this entertaining. You're like the reincarnation of Dave Barry...oh wait, he's not dead yet...yet. (Hope likening you to DB wasn't an insult in your opinion).

I'm a fan. You had me at "a-line skirt."

ps. is it just me or has there always been a little guy in a wheelchair next to the word verification field?

sightofstars said...

i, for one, am always up for a "big bag of pee" story on a date.

sure beats answering awkward questions like, "so, why are you still single?" and "what do you do?" and "what's your name again?"