Monday, August 14, 2006

In Search of The One

I've been updating my Onion Personals profile this evening. I've added a picture of the top half of me in a suit (the bottom half has a suit on too, it just isn't showing), a pumpkin wearing my sunglasses, and of me standing in front of a taqueria. Girls like pumpkins and taquerias right?

I've also tweaked the stuff I've written under the prompts. For instance:

The word or phrase that best describes my personality: Quaint

My most humbling moment:
P.E. class, the 7th grade. There was one day when we were all forced to take a shower, perhaps to promote good personal hygiene. Not being comfortable with public nudity at 13, I moved a little too quickly on my way back to my locker, slipped, fell, and landed hard enough on my elbow that I couldn't get myself back up to my feet. My P.E. teacher, Mr. Everheart, had to help me back to my towel. Wasn't middle school just the best?

The best or worst lie I've ever told
This is the best question ever!

I'll have to wait and see whether any of that scores me a place on anybody's hot list.

In unrelated news, I seem to have a small infestation of fruit flies. This is odd because it's been quite some time since there's been any fruit in here. And while fruit flies are right up there with the most annoying creatures on earth, I do enjoy feeling like a Ninja when I reach out and snatch one out of the air. I'm thinking about practicing with some chopsticks.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

The answer to the lie question made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

Ditto. Hmm...best lie? What kind of question is that?

My grandmother was on a bus that was hijacked by penguins...(name that movie)

ps. Tivo is acting funny. I'm going to avoid it until Sheila returns and let her figure it out.

Anonymous said...

The Onion has personals?

The 7th grade story is the best ever.

And again, The Onion has personals?!