Friday, December 22, 2006

The Christmas Miracles and the Boring Friday Night

The Christmas miracles of which I speak were thrice:

1) I'd been trying to get a piece of a bed bed frame for a customer for 6 months for a bed they had ordered over a year ago. First they sent the wrong part, then they said they didn't have it. Then they ignored me for 2 months. Then magically the part shows up from England on Wednesday, I bring it to the customer, the bed is finally done. Huzzah!

2) Usually when we try to fixed a purchased product we have to talk to 12 people at corporate and nobody seems to think it's their job to send parts. Nor does anyone know how to not charge the customer for the parts which should be under warranty. But on Thursday a customer asked for 3 parts to a bed frame, and I called one person in corporate who said he'd send the parts out right away. No mus, no fuss. It was worryingly amazing.

3) It's Friday night and I haven't been called to go do something that nobody else knows how to do.

Which has left me time to do this. I've dubbed it the Fire Pipe. Apparently butane is heavier than air. And after you've had it going for a while you can take the lighter off the far end and it burns for an addition couple of minutes, depending on how long your pipe is.

Fire sure is neat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must say, I enjoy the fire pipe... I would be afraid to play with one in my own house, but the pics sure are cool... keep on keeping on with your fire pipe. (i have no idea what that means).

happy xmas!!!

jootastic