Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Target, The Holiday Cactus, and a Digital-Dual-Heat-Oscillating Apartment Improver

So nobody passes out from suspense, yes, I got a space heater this weekend. Though not from Costco. The jerks sold them all before I got there. No, I had to go to Target on Sunday and buy this little gem:


(My sole source of heat.)


It oscillates. It had a digital thermometer. It has two heat settings, so I can run my microwave and heat up my apartment at the same time. It has a stately white plastic shell which brings to mind Kenny from South Park if he were to put on a fencing mask. It's amazing!

After my failed attempt to buy a space heater at Costco, I went to my friend Karen's house. Her living room is all decked out in Christmas lights and she has a little light and candy cane covered Christmas tree which sits on a book shelf looking festive and smelling delicious.

My apartment, unfortunately, is really too small to hold even a small potted Christmas tree like Karen has. My holiday cactus died back in 2005, and since I sleep next to where any plants have to live, I'm not about to get another one.


(The cactus of Christmas past.)


But Target plans ahead. For those of use with tiny apartments, Target offers the Christmas-tree shaped holiday rosemary bush. It's the perfect shape to cover with Christmas, small enough to not cover my bedroom window, and has enough foliage to hold the tradition aluminum foil holiday plant Star of David. And even though Scarborough Fair seems to be running through my head a lot, I'm pleased with how it turned out.


(Plants huddled up to my window.)

3 comments:

Ginamonster said...

I love that you have the pooping cow. I have a pooping polar bear and a pooping reindeer. I passed up the pooping penguin.

I am thinking about getting a holiday rosemary too.but a small tree would be nice. Wher to put it though??

Unknown said...

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas. Just think, when Christmas is over you can make delicious chicken. (with the rosemary, not the other two plants)

sightofstars said...

cute!