Friday, January 12, 2007

Eep

For most of the day I view the world as if I'm spectator. I'm watching through movie screen eyes and riding around in my body as it does stuff. This goes for all activities, from writing a post to driving down the freeway.

Once in a while I pop into the foreground. I did so on the way home today while driving along in my gargantuan work van. It occurred to me that I was in charge of piloting 2.5 tones of crap down the road at 60 mph while my customers tootle around in the lanes surrounding me. These are the same people who ask me to come look at a bed because it's unplugged. The people who unscrew the knobs on the side rails that blatantly say pull. When something says "pull," do not unscrew it. Pull it.

Why don't more people die in fiery crashes? I may have to stay indoors tomorrow.

No comments: