Friday, May 07, 2004

A Lovely and Fruitful Evening

Or not. I started it out with a monotonous dinner of green beans and almonds, which I made myself, and which were, as a result, not very good. But I had a lot of them and they were in a bowl. I guess those can be counted as positives.

I followed dinner with going to see Muse, or try to. I had 4 people lined up to see them with me, and it ended up just being me. I hate organizing these things. Actually, if you count up the total number of people who didn't see Muse tonight, that number would be 5. There were no advanced tickets, so I waited in line from 7:30 until 9 (when the doors where supposed to open) until 10 (when the doors where supposed to open (again)) until 11:45 when the police came and made us go home. The club security guard kept saying no one was getting in, and yet the line kept moving forward. He didn't have much credibility until the Police came. So that was cold and boring.

On the way back to my car they where sandblasting the sidewalk, so now I have sand in my eyes. To cap it all off, I have a great big headache, I smell like a cigarette from all the smokers in line, and Piranha man has fallen asleep in front of his TV. And now someone is buzzing my buzzer. Hmm, it seems to be a drunken, mustachioed man who is looking for someone named Robert. I think I'm not going to let him in.

I need to get this night over with.

No comments: