Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Miscellaneous

There were a lot of sleep paraphernalia out last night. In the 8 blocks between my and Kristin's house I saw 2 mattresses, 1 box spring, and 1 pillow. They were fairly evenly distributed along 21st street, and seemingly unrelated. Things are often offered to the street. I know on the few occasions when I've tried to clean out my room, I will leave stuff on the street for a few hours. Then whatever the street doesn't want I give to the goodwill or throw away. It's a good system.

Today I took advantage of being unemployed and it being the first Tuesday of the month and went to see the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art free of charge. It was pretty cool. I had only seen it once before, and only for 45 minutes due to some flaky invitationing. Among the highlights where two busts, one made of chocolate and the other of soap, some big aluminum dream people sculptures, a very realistic looking, and as a result disturbing miniature naked man under a sweater sculpture, and last but not least, a larger than life-size anime style girl sculpture with huge breasts where "squirting" blue milk from one nipple, around her back, and into the other nipple. I guess it was a comment on the disturbingly sexual aspects of anime, but I mostly just though it was weird. But weird often interesting and therefore good.

Tomorrow I go to traffic court and try to get my fine reduced from 400$ to 50$.

No comments: