Tuesday, May 18, 2004

TiVo? No

The message has been sent. I am a "Top Candidate" but they are finalizing a deal with a better, perhaps Topper, Candidate. But if that falls through, then they will "let me know." There are so many "quotation marks" in that intro.

On the bright side, I seem to be doing some freelance computer fixing and metal installation. All of which should come in handy after unemployment runs out. There also seems to be an upsurge in jobs which might be a good fit for me. All I have to do is apply for them. Easier said than done. I hate to write cover letters, I despise making phone calls, and I can't eat much before interviews for fear of upsetting my over-sensitive innards. But the quest for money never dies, and so I shall stress onward until I too have enough money so that I don't have to work anymore.

When is retirement? 65? 40 more years doesn't seem like enough time to come up with a life savings if I want to buy anything. I guess the money grows a lot faster when you get a job that pays more than 13$/hour. My goal is to one day have a yearly salary that matches that of a teacher. That would be the life.

No comments: