Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Blooop

Today, after taking pictures of a project for work, and taking pictures of the bear, I made some burritos. As I've mentioned before, my burritos call for cooking some ground beef, adding refried beans and salsa, and serving.



Before I added the beans, I made a little grease tub out of the meat container and some aluminum foil. Then I held the beef in place with the spatula and poured what grease I could into the tub while trying to avoid the inevitable beefalanche. I guess it's not totally inevitable, it didn't happen today.

After I drained my beef, I set about opening my can of refried beans. (The Rosarita 98% fat free vegetarian variety.) I opened the top of the can and took the lid off, then turned the can over and held it above its intended destination. When I punched a hole in the bottom of the can to let the air in, schlooop, pop, out came the cylinder of beans ... right into my grease tub.



Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. Any way you look at it, it was a bad idea to dump my beans into a tub of grease, but it was an even worse idea to do it from such a height. My beans did the edible version of a cannon ball. So much for 98% fat free.
And now my slippers need a bath. Next time I'll add the ingredients to the food and not to the garbage.

4 comments:

sightofstars said...

psst... try zazzle.com to make your own t-shirt. you can upload your own image, choose shirt style/color and even font (if you want to add text, ie, Abearican Idol).

(info courtesy of my roommate. her finder's fee is 10%.)

Michael said...

It's ordered. 10% of the t-shirt? Does she want a sleeve?

sightofstars said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sightofstars said...

she says she wants to be paid in bears.