Monday, March 20, 2006

Projects
((c)2006 Michael Kadel. No stealing my ideas! What do you mean nobody would steal these ideas?!)

I've been making some very slow progress on my various projects tonight.

My most recent project is to make a shirt with a big picture of a cinnamon bear on the front. I don't think there will be any text involved, just a big 4x8 inch bear. I'm trying to decide if I should go for an iron-on t-shirt transfer or try Kinko's print right on the shirt deal. The problem with printing on the shirt is that it requires a white shirt, and I don't wear white shirts very much. Does anyone have access to some t-shirt technology of which I'm unaware?

I found my bear model yesterday. Or, more accurately, I bought my bear model yesterday and found him (her?) this morning. I ate the first package of bears without doing a casting call. The second package involved selecting the perfect bear march madness style. Each two bears compete to move onto the semifinals. Then each of the semifinalists compete and so on and so forth until a single bear remains. The Ambearican Idol. Or maybe just a bear which didn't get mangled by the bear stamper. I have a photo shoot scheduled for tomorrow. Cinnamon is on a strict diet of diet Coke and cigarettes until then.

My second project moved along quickly at first, but then hit a road block. I've been making a lamp where the bulb will shine through a whole bunch of shattered tempered glass. The lamp bit is all done, switch and all, but finding tempered glass to break for less than $60 is proving difficult. But today I parked my van in an alley behind a facility, and when I got out I noticed a whole bunch of shattered tempered glass on the sidewalk and in the gutter. I guess each stolen stereo brings my lamp one step closer to fruition.

I don't think I'll keep collecting glass that way though. It took me a half hour to clean the who-knows-what out of the glass shards, leaving me a quarter inch less lamp to fill and a sore back. All that combined with the pee smell emanating from the gutter, and I think it might be time for a trip to a junk yard.

If anyone lives near by and your shower door explodes, please let me know. I'll be by momentarily to clean up the glass, free of charge. That's just the kind of helpful guy I am.

4 comments:

sightofstars said...

one* could argue that the cinnabear tee was my idea... and you stole it from me.

but then again, my design was a rip-off of milton glaser's "i heart NY" campaign, so i guess we're even.

hope you're well.


(*one, being me)

Michael said...

That's true, but there again, your design involves a white shirt and some text in the way of "I" and "Heart." So mine is totally original. TOTALLY.

sightofstars said...

ok. sure. but from now on all my thank yous will be verbal. no more pdfs for you.

Michael said...

I'll stick a (c)2006 Sheila undernieth.

Holy crap. This is the longest word verification ever!