Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Pub Quiz Part Deux

Last night we went to a different and far more crowded pub quiz. There was something like 30 teams, most of them named on a religious pun or in recognition of South Dakota's abortion ban. There were at least 3 teams with names involving South Dakota and coat hangers.

The religious ones were only slightly more varied. There was "Jesus is coming, look busy" which was I'm sure stolen earlier that day from a coffee mug. I thought "Preparation H. Christ" was much better and a lot more creative. "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Skanks" won best team name.

We, as "Spanish Groove Armada", earned embarrassingly few points, but I was proud of myself for knowing that the country where some MacDonalds changed the red background of their sign from red to blue was Israel.

The strangest team name, in my opinion, was "Fresno: The only city in America where a Puerto Rican can be called white trash." I don't even know what that means, but it sounds like they don't like Fresno very much. It's beyond me what their opinion of Puerto Ricans might be. The guy running pub quiz, after reading that teams name, said, "From now on team names have to come in under 3 paragraphs."

Off to the Napper Tandy.

No comments: