Wednesday, October 06, 2004

I Hate Dating

The Yahoo! Personals girl and I went to an open mic tonight. We got some french-fries. She and I had some water and sprite, respectively. We talked, we laughed, I took her home. We hugged, I took me home.

I have no idea how it went.

It's like taking important quarterly exams and never getting your grades back. I wish I could tell how interested she is, but I can't. I'm sure she's sending the biggest, most ridiculously obvious signals on way or the other, but I'm completely blind to that sort of thing.

There were some positives from tonight:

- Since I suck at initiating hugs, my hug tonight was my first real close personal contact since we hugged two and a half weeks ago (the last time I saw her). So I was about due.

- I drove both to and from the open mic, so she spent a lot of time in my car. As a result, it will smell nice next time I get in it.

- Before I picked her up, I made a Tom McRae CD for her on the off chance that she'll like it. If she does, maybe I won't end up going to see that particular concert alone.

- I now know what sweet potato fries taste like. And very appropriately, I have no idea if I like them. (Maybe not so appropriate. I know I like her, I just don't know if she likes me. Or, at least, "that way.")

As a side note: How do you spell mic? As in, two turn tables and a microphone. Spell check says I should say open mike. But I'm not that open. Maybe it needs a period. As in, where did I put the mic.?

No comments: