Monday, February 13, 2006

Concert

Ah, the Fillmore. The performers may change, but the audience remains the same.

On Thursday I went to see a solo Jeff Tweedy. I'm actually not a big fan of Wilco, his band, but I had heard the Tweedster on some radio interviews where he played sans Wilco. I liked him on the radio and I really liked him live. That's not really the point of this post though.

The point of this post is people smoking stuff inside and how it's marginally irritating depending on what it is. It seems to be pretty standard fare for people to produce a pipe or joint and pass it around their group of friends at a show. And while I think it smells really bad, it doesn't really offend me, although my shirt kind of smelled after Thursday's show and that made me a little cranky.

It may not have been the pot people's fault though. Part way through the show the people directly behind me starting smoking something that smelled an awful lot like burning leaves with a magnifying glass. But to me that's not a bad smell. It reminds me of torturing ants as a kid in Portland.

Unfortunately they ran out of leaves and/or sunlight and they switched to smoking a Louis Rich turkey dog in a plastic bubble pipe. I didn't turn around for fear that I would actually see the end of a turkey dog bobbing around as it waited to be engulfed by the flaming end of a plastic bubble pipe, and that would have made me want to leave. I swear up and down that's exactly what it smelled like though. And I'm qualified to know. I have an excellent sense of smell, I like turkey dogs but can't cook, and I have set a number of pieces of plastic on fire.

Finally, on the theme of good ideas, here's an excellent name for a business and an excellent idea for a business:


No comments: