Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dos Thingos

Today I delivered a bed frame and mattress to a little old nun with a penchant for watching sports. She mentioned her love of sports 4 times in relation to her new LCD TV, the fast approaching winter Olympics, plasma TVs and how they are bigger and therefore the action is easier to see with her failing eyesight, and finally how she's not good with electronics, but is okay with the TV as long as she can find the sports. Her other little quark was that she was getting a bed as kind of an experiment. Apparently she's been sleeping in a recliner for 15 years.

Speaking of sleeping, Wednesday night I dreamed that I was having a picnic with some of my friends on the grass surrounded by a u-shaped KQED building. KQED is our local NPR affiliate and I was at this picnic because KQED was having an event to showcase their newest pledge drive membership gifts.

This year they had gone well past the tote bag and had introduced the apocalypse bear. The apocalypse bear was actually a little, furry, black, robot dog which came over to repeatedly bite my feet. (Kind of like Norbert.) I thought it was kind of an overly melodramatic name for a robot that was most just annoying. But Norm Howard explained that if all goes well each apocalypse bear will die, become diseased, and will cause one of the 7 plagues.

Anybody want to analyze that?

No comments: