Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Busy Days And Toilet Ways

First off, I'd just like to explain how envious I am of all you people who can blog at work. I guess if I set up some sort of email posting system I could blog at work too. But even so, I'd have to type with my thumbs, and doing so is dangerous while driving.

One of the many reasons I haven't posted anything since Thursday was that on Friday I worked for 13 hours and drove 450 miles. Pretty good, eh?

During the afore mentioned long-ass Friday, I was on my way to Sacramento (for the second time) and stopped off at a MacDonald’s in Davis. I walked into the bathroom to use the urinal, but noticed that the urinal was RIGHT next to the sink, and had no privacy divider/errant pee guard. This would have been fine had I been alone in the bathroom, but there was a guy washing his face in the sink just inches away from where I was planning to relieve myself.

The obvious plan B was to use the stall. It was big, taking up half the bathroom. How nice I thought, a spacious, handicapped stall. I opened the door and stepped inside only to be greeted by the sight of 2 toilets. 1 stall, 1 locking door, 2 toilets. This is for what? Pooping in stereo? Pooping with a friend? Poop races? Defecation oriented talk shows? (I suppose in that case one toilet would have been behind a desk festooned with coffee cups bearing the show's name, "Potty Talk.")

Maybe this is what lady's rooms look like. Do they just have a line of toilets, no dividers at all? Is that why you all go to the bathroom together, because there are no impediments to conversation? Or was MacDonald’s trying to foster a togetherness with the common man?

Whatever the point, I locked the door behind me so I could pee alone. Efficient as I like to be, I have my limits.

No comments: