Friday, December 17, 2004

I Got It!

I've finally got my hard drive enclosure. If you remember, I was trying to get one from an e-store, but when it arrived it didn't work and I had to spend half the purchase price to send it back. Then I tried EBay, but since I have no internet access at work I got sniped in the last minutes before the auction ended.

What was I thinking? I should have been using Craig’s List all along. I found a girl in Berkeley with an enclosure she was selling for $30. I offered her $25 and she accepted. It was a little hard to meet her because her English wasn't pristine and I couldn't tell what streets she was describing, but finally we met and she handed me the enclosure. She pointed out that it was missing most of the screws that hold it together. Luckily I had planned for just such an occasion by accidentally only having $23 with me. She said that was fine and we both went on our merry way.

My hard drive is sitting in an enclosure which is held together with zip ties, but I'm happy none the less. I have all my mp3s back.

As an extremely unrelated side note, you know those things that go on top of doors that make sure they close but don't slam? They have a little cylinder connected to an arm connected to the door. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Well, if you do then you can picture the one on the door in a convalescent home in Santa Rosa. It was Taco brand.

Taco brand slam suppressors, they're tasty.
Taco brand slam suppressors, you picture food, we picture softly closing doors.
Taco brand slam suppressors, don't eat them, they go on the door.

No comments: