Thursday, December 09, 2004

In The Way

I went to holiday party number 3 tonight. 4 is coming up next weekend. Tonight was another excellent example of seeing lots of people to hit on and not hitting on any of them. Mostly my role at this party was to be in the way.

When I walked in, and as I approached the coffee table full of cookies, someone on the couch on the opposite side of the table started talking to me. So in order to return the conversation, I was positioned between the corner of the table and the corner of the room. Anyone who wanted to go into the dining room, which was everybody, had to tell me to move. So then I tucked myself into a corner behind a lamp. That would have been fine except that the cookies were too far away to reach. So I moved to the corner of the kitchen.

At that point there were 3 people blocking the kitchen entrance/exit. But for some reason I appear to be the most door like. Not a single person tried to squeeze by anyone else. Just by me. I am the gateway to the rest of the party.

Despite me making a better door than a person, I had a pretty good time at the party. There were cookies and peach juice, which were good. Though one of the cookies was pretending to be full of chocolate chips, but was actually full of walnuts and cranberries. Damn the walnuts! And I didn't hit on any of the residents in the land of attractiveness. Damn you brain!

No comments: