Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Festive

Ok, the holidays are officially here. (I realize Chanukah didn't wait for me to announce that.) I know they are here because my apartment is all decked out. Observe:



Note the decorations:
A) The Holliday Cactus, complete with its tinfoil Star of David, Christmas lights, and the new addition this year, foil Merry Christmases that came in
B) The assortment of Holliday cards. That's right, I've gotten 2!
C) The single present. It's below the cactus and is not pictured because a single present is too depressing.
D) The single stocking. Both C and D are odd because there are 2 of us living here, but my roommate gave me my Christmas present in October, (hence the single present) and Santa doesn't come to fill the stocking anyway. We have a gas fireplace which doesn't have a real chimney.

Don't be fooled into thinking that the rest of my apartment is as decorated as this little section. It just so happens that all the decorations fit together into a single picture.

There are actually 2 cacti in the pot, but the small and very nearly dead one neglected to show much more than a few spines. You can just barely see it here giving its last ounce of strength to hold up the foil Star of David.



From me: Happy Holidays

From the cactus:

No comments: