Monday, April 04, 2005

Blurbs


Things in the bathroom may seem more important than they are

While I was in the airport waiting for my flight back to San Francisco, I went into the bathroom right as a TSA guy was leaving. My first thought was that he was checking for some security breach. However, it quickly dawned on me that he was probably just peeing.

Yet another downside of smoking

On my way to get a burrito today, I saw a girl stopped in the center lane of Potrero, which is a 3 lane, none-too-quiet street at 6pm on a Monday. She had her rear door open and she was crouched down on the street looking around on the floor of her back seats. People honked and swerved around her, but she was undeterred. After about a minute she emerged triumphant bearing the fruits of her adventure: A lit, but almost entirely new cigarette.

No good things

In my quest to reduce the amount my pager stabs me in the love handles (and to avoid getting diabetes) I'm trying to cut down on my sugar intake. I did an excellent job today by not stopping for m&ms or milkshakes, and opting for a diet 7up during lunch. Unfortunately I had a burrito for dinner, and the law clearly states that burritos require a cup of strawberry juice. However, the guy behind the counter (who is very nice but has the most gargantuan man boobs (moobs) ever to grace this earth) said they only had watermelon juice. Fine by me, I thought, give me a cup of that. So I walked home with only the slightest sugar infraction: my cup of cantaloupe juice. Yes, cantaloupe. Still good, but twice removed from what I was expecting.

No comments: