Thursday, April 07, 2005

IRS?*

I've apparently just completed my 2004 taxes. I finished the federal bit with the help of turbo tax and my accountant (pronounced Mom), and I just did the State bit online.

Turbo tax seemed like a good program. They included some weird, convoluted sentences, but the sentences were required in describing the weird convoluted tax code. However, the online California tax filing system outsourced some of their copy writing to Yoda. The second sentence said something along the lines of, "Did all include your form(s) W-2 income any dark side of force bring you?" After consulting my momcountant, we decided that my W-2s were indeed part of the dark side. I hope that's what the IRS wants to hear.

The upshot is that I'm getting money back. I'm a little skeptical about this refund, because my federal tax return kicked my ass for collecting unemployment. Now my state return sidles up playing the good cop and gives me a whopping refund for being all poor and unemployed from February through July.

I think the government is bipolar or passive aggressive or something.

*This post was brought to you by Internet Explorer, which I haven't used in quite some time. I guess Blogger is having a little tiff with Firefox at the moment. I hope they settle their differences soon. And if whoever took the data from the document would kindly put it back, I would sincerely appreciate it.

No comments: