Friday, April 01, 2005

Pick N Yank

Yesterday I required a raspberry hot chocolate, so I went to the little drive up stand across the street from Travis Air Force Base. (Which is apparently home to any number of things which entertain me.)

Normally I like going to the little stand - They make good raspberry hot chocolate, and the girl that works there is both nice and fairly attractive. However, when I pulled up yesterday she failed to notice me as she was totally engrossed in tweezing out her armpit hairs with the help of a very small mirror.

I sat there for maybe 30 seconds, thinking that she was maybe just in the middle of a particularly exacting pluck, but she still didn't notice me so I knocked on the window. I did so quietly in hopes that she wouldn't start and impale her milk steaming arm with the tweezers.

To keep what should be a short story from getting overly long, it all worked out, I got my raspberry hot chocolate (not too hot and therefore not chunky) with whipped cream and drove away. I wasn't even terribly grossed out. I mean, she was in the half of the little room away from the food. Very sanitary.

No comments: