Saturday, November 19, 2005

Friendsteram

I've noticed that websites like MySpace and Friendster have started getting spam profiles. A website will set up there and then ask you to be its friend. But the most evil of these spam things is the mail order bride profiles.

Here I am checking my email when I see a girl named Merry has sent me a wink on Friendster. I wasn't sure what a wink was, but it sounded good so I checked her out. Turns out she's from Indonesia which is terribly inconvenient. I did, however, enjoy her About Me statement: "My friends said that I'm energic and friendly...I like gathering with friends. I don't like to give up. God is nice*."

It sounds like she’s little overly religious for me, but she’s got moxie and I like that.



*I believe "God is nice" is from Isaac 3:35

And Isaac bespoke to Jesus, "So what's God like?"

And Jesus replied, "God, well, God is nice."

Befuddled by what Jesus speaketh, Isaac asked, "Really? Just nice? Not luminescent or magnanimous or, I don't know, great? I was expecting some more sparkling adjectives."

Jesus sighed and explained, "Yeah, no, he is. He's pretty great. I've just been feeling down lately because I feel like I don't get any credit for things. I make wine from water, I heal people, I come back from the dead, although that's later, and still all anyone can talk about is how God created everything, and thank you lord for this food. And have you seen the food? Most of it really nothing to be thankful for."

Right then Isaac decided he should cheer Jesus up with a big dinner party with all of his friend. He'd serve some fishes and maybe those loafs Jesus likes to much.

No comments: