Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Horking in a Field

Today I saw a cow with the dry heaves on my way to Travis Air Force Base. At first I thought she was nibbling the fence, but as I drove closer I noticed she had her head down, her tongue out, and her diaphragm was heaving. She was trying to chunder near the fence so it wouldn't mess up all the nice grass. What a thoughtful cow.

Also, Travis AFB requires a printed order to get on base. Our orders are paged to us, so I stayed at the depot until the order was paged, and then sent it to my email and printed it out. When presented with a printed email order, the guard said, "I'll let you in this time, but we usually don't let anyone in with an order that looks like it came from a computer."

Um, how do you get a printed order that doesn't come from a computer? Our individually placed letters typesetting printing press is on the fritz. The military is very strange.

No comments: