Tuesday, May 03, 2005

2 Things That Made Me Happy

1) I saw a taxi being pulled over by a cop on Sunday. Taxis aren't so much interested in giving people rides as they are in having people in their back seats for company as they try to run me down. These incidents have fortuitously been restricted to times when I'm in my car or van, but even surrounded by sheet metal I would prefer they keep to themselves and not try to drive through me. It therefore makes me happy when I see one get caught for some incident of asshattery.

2) I watched a couple walk a Chihuahua across a crosswalk on Gough yesterday. About halfway across, the dog was struck with the undeniable urge to poop. He started to squat, but since it was a crosswalk on Gough at rush hour, so his owners weren't inclined to wait. As a compromise the dog pooped with his back legs in the standard squat position, but held up off the pavement, while he walked/bounced across the crosswalk on his front legs.

I herby bestow the title of "World's Most Talented Pooper" to that dog. If only I knew his name so I could give him the tiara that goes with the title.

No comments: