Sunday, May 29, 2005

I Can't Believe It

Here we are, 5 hours away from the end of my Safeway poster auction, and it has received exactly no bids. When I put my poster, a book on CD, and a student version of MATLAB on eBay, I would have told you without hesitation that the Safeway poster was the most likely to bring me fabulous riches. And yet the MATLAB is going to come in at top dollar. People just have no sense of the true worth of things.

In other unexplainable news, on Friday I saw a man in Office Depot doing old-timey calisthenics; the kind where you stick one arm out straight in front of you and then kick your leg up so your knee hits your hand. One leg, then the other, over and over again. He didn't look crazy, but then again, I couldn't figure out if he was there with anyone and maybe just passing the time until that person was through shopping for whiteout. Luckily my copies were ready so I left before he started with the deep knee bends or broke out the medicine ball.

No comments: