Sunday, October 09, 2005

Pain Killers

After Norbert came home from the vet she was not at 100%. If she had told me she had been out drinking I would have believed her had I not just picked her up from the SPCA.

When I let her out of her carrier she swayed and stumbled slowly toward my bedroom, and then veered off toward her water. I had put down a water dish thinking that it might be easier to drink from than her hamster bottle, but she immediately knocked it over. That scared her so she wobbled as fast as she could under my bed.

She finally came out and walked around my apartment sniffing every square inch of everything. Her stance suggested that she had just ridden 100 miles on a very uncomfortable horse: Her legs were spread wide and her ass stayed close to the floor.

Her depth perception also seemed to be off. She kept running into things. When I would put my head close to hers she would sway over and try to sniff me, but usually over shoot and run her nose into my face.

When I went to bed she curled up next to my arm and the flopped over with her back to my face. She smells strongly of Band-Aid.

The vet said she would feel fine in a few days, but she seems to have made a full recovery already. I was pretty sure she was well when I woke up to find one of my slippers in the middle of my bed with a little piece of white something on it. Odd, I thought. When I got out of bed I realized my floor was covered in little tiny pieces of toilet paper. She thoroughly destroyed about 3/4th of a roll, spreading it evenly around my room. At least she did it quietly.

No comments: