Saturday, October 08, 2005

What an Interesting Noise

Norbert is currently at the vet getting her nails done and having a little nip and tuck done so she'll be thinner. But it turns out that she wasn't that pleased to go.

Usually I can toss a piece of food into her cat carrier and she'll pop in after it. But she's big enough now so that she can reach the food with her mouth and still have her ass hanging out of the end of the carrier. It took a lot more manhandling to get her stowed than I was expecting.

When we got to the vet there were other dogs and cats in the waiting room. At the SPCA this has never bothered her, but I guess one of the great big dogs made her a little uneasy because she was making something between a hiss and a growl that made her whole carrier vibrate. She would open her mouth all the way, stick out her tongue and roll it into a taco shape, and then growliss. It was very strange noise and several of the other pet owners glanced over to see what manner of beast I had brought with me. I checked too to make sure I hadn't somehow brought the wrong animal.

No comments: